Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need info on do I qualify for state, or social security…

Customer Question
I need info on...

I need info on do I qualify for state, or social security disability.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am 75 years old and have had major back surgery done in June of 2016. J now need rotator cuff surgery done on my right shoulder, but they cannot do it now because they tell me I now have congested Heart failure. Does this qualify me for Disability.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Yes, I need to work, but due to my medical and physical problems, I can no longer do the this I am qualified to do.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
3/20/2018
Tax Professional: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You do not qualify for Social Security disability benefit because you have already reached your full retirement age. You should now be collecting on your regular Social Security retirement benefit. This is because if you are approved for disability benefits before your full retirement age, once you reach your full retirement age, the disability benefit is automatically converted to regular retirement benefit. Also, once you reach your full retirement age, you can work and still collect your full benefits with no deductions for the earnings from work.

To apply for your Social Security retirement benefit, click here.

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.