Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need a copy of my 2015 w2. I ne to refile taxes for md…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my 2015 w2

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I ne to refile taxes for md 2015

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/19/2018
Tax Professional: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

The IRS maintains a database with all of your filed documents: tax returns, 1099's, W-2's, etc. Income documents such as your W-2 can be found in the "Wage and Income" database.

To access your wage and income database, you can visit irs.gov and use the "Get Transcript" feature. Here's the link:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Click on "Get Transcript Online," and then "Create an Account."

Make sure you gather all the necessary information as indicated in the instructions, and make sure you have access to, or a copy of, your most recently filed tax return.

If for some reason you are unable to create an account and access your wage & income docs, your best alternative would be to prepare and send a form 4506-T, Request for copy of transcript. It usually takes 5 to 10 days to receive your transcript using this method. Here's a link to a fillable copy of form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Mailing addresses and fax numbers are on page 2 at the above link.

Make sure you check the box on line 8 to request your W-2.

A third option would be to have a representative such as an enrolled agent, accountant, or lawyer sign a power of attorney, for 2848. Then they could access your information online, or they could call the IRS directly, fax them a copy of your power of attorney, and receive your information by fax at the same time.

Hope that helped. If so please don't forget to rate this answer. And thank you for using Just Answer.

James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney