Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I have periodontal disease and had to have most of my teeth

Customer Question

i have periodontal disease and had to have most of my teeth extracted, are the implants tax deductible?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: don't know what to tell other that i ended up without teeth
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: can't think of anything
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. Pursuant to Turbo Tax (https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3497973-are-dental-implants-deductible-under-medical-expenses): "Yes, dental implants are an approved medical expense that can be deducted on your return. Medical expenses are an itemized deduction on Schedule A and are deductible to the extent they exceed 10% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). If you are 65 or over, they are deductible to the extent they exceed 7.5%"

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!