Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have been contacted by phone from the IRS THE GIRLS NAME…

I have been contacted...

I have been contacted by phone from the IRS THE GIRLS NAME WAS ***** ***** her badge num is IRM632597 . She IS claiming they have sent me several letters stating the government have filed a law suit against me for fraud. This makes no sense who can I contact?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I do my taxes myself. If there is a lawsuit wouldn't I have got a letter

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you know you do not owe then ignore the call. You can report this as follows:

The IRS does not need to file lawsuits but if you really want to check you can call the IRS general number(###) ###-####or check your TAX ACCOUNT https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you nothing about the call made sense

It smells like a scam.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
PDtax
PDtax, Owner
Phone call session started
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4