Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is there a tax deduction of about $600 for a senior making…

Customer Question
Is there a tax...

Is there a tax deduction of about $600 for a senior making less than $30,000

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Total income for Year 2017 was $29,700. What deductions are available to me? Age: 74

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Total medical $1,300

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/19/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

For 2017, your STANDARD deduction is $6350 plus an additional $1250 for being over age 65.

You also receive an exemption amount of $4,050.

In other words, your taxable income is reduced by $11,650.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.