Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

IRS says my LLC is recorded as a sole proprietorship. How…

Customer Question
IRS says my LLC...

IRS says my LLC is recorded as a sole proprietorship. How can I get that corrected to a Limited Lability Corporation (Partnership)?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

IRS records show my LLC is listed as a sole proprietorship. How can I get that corrected to show a Limited Liability Corporations (Partnership)?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
3/19/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

An LLC is a disregarded entity for tax purposes, and a single member LLC defaults to a sole proprietorship, not a partnership.

Do you have other members of the LLC?