Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I operate a sole proprietorship that i established as an llc…

Customer Question
I operate a sole...

I operate a sole proprietorship that i established as an llc 2 years ago. I have paid taxes on all the cash in the business savings and checking account. Can I just move the money into an investment account in my spouse’s name and mine?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/19/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

--------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

Let me first clarify that a sole proprietorship and an LLC are two different business entity types. They are not one of the same, even though as a single member LLC, you still file the Schedule C. Regarding investing the funds, yes, you can invest the funds.

-----------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

As long as you pay the applicable taxes on income earned, the IRS really doesn't care what you do with the money.

Great. Thanks. The state has asked for us to file an annual report for our massage practice ( now llc). We don’t have one. I just go house to house in my car. And file schedule c. Do i have to generate one and if so how or who does this? I live in Nj
Did you get my second request re: annual report requirement nj ?

I did. I am checking into that matter now. I will get back to you shortly.

All profit and non-profit corporations (domestic and foreign), as well as all limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships must submit annual reports and associated processing fees each year following their dates of incorporation/registration. Online filing is now mandatory for all annual report filings. The annual report due date for all businesses will be the last day of the anniversary month of the entity's formation in New Jersey.

The annual fees are:

$50.00 for profit corporations, LPs, LLPs, and LLCs
$25.00 for non-profits

Annual report filing is a prerequisite for maintaining an active business status. In accordance with State law, businesses that fail to file annual reports for two consecutive years will be revoked.

Electronic Filing Mandate

All business entities are subject to the annual report electronic filing mandate. If the business, its officers, directors or registered agent do not have access to the internet that would enable compliance with the electronic filing requirements, an e-file exemption request may be submitted. Notarized statements by both an authorized business representative and the registered agent indicating the lack of internet access are required. Approved exemptions are valid for the current filing year only.
For additional information regarding the annual report, please contact DORES’s Business Tax Hotline at(###) ###-####

Still writing...

You can file the online report at the following link.

https://www.njportal.com/dor/annualreports