Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I own shares in an ESOP and the company is an Irish PLC

Customer Question
I own shares in...

I own shares in an ESOP and the company is an Irish PLC publicly traded on Nasdq. The stock is held in a Morgan Stanley ESOP account. If I have over the required minimum amount for reporting do I have to complete form 8938 or FBAR?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I believe because the stock is held in a US Brokerage account I do not have to report but I would like to confirm.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You are correct.

You have no reporting requirement.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/comparison-of-form-8938-and-fbar-requirements

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

No thanks for your help!

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.