Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I worked as an independent contractor last year but have…

Hi. I worked as...

Hi. I worked as an independent contractor last year but have since moved into a full time role. I was wondering if it's possible to retroactively create an LLC or SCorp for tax purposes?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in California.

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None so far.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope. That's it.

3/19/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

---------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

The answer to your question is no, you can not retroactively create an LLC or an S-Corp. The IRS does not allow this. For further confirmation of what I have written, you can refer to the blog at the following link.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/if-i-change-from-a-sole-proprietor-to-an-llc-with--1887675.html

-------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you!

You are quite welcome. Please take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant