Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Every year I receive a form 1099R showing a gross

Customer Question
Every year I receive...

Every year I receive a form 1099R showing a gross distribution and what is taxed. The distribution can be a small as $225 or as high as $8000. Where does this amount go. I am not receiving any cash. I am reporting it as income. Is this amount being rolled over. I have an IRA rollover account

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/19/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If the distribution is from a pension it is reported on the 1040 line 16a then the taxable amount on 16b.

You can tell if the amount is rolled over by the code G in box 7. There is no way for me to know if it is rolled over or not without the code or you saying "I put that in another tax deferred account within 60 days".

I think it may be more beneficial for you to ask the administrator of your account. Without a code in Box 7 to go by what is happened is hard to tell.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Hello

Just checking to see if you responded to anything I told you yet