Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My tax return for 2017 was received at Austin on 2/23/2018.

Customer Question
My tax return for...

My tax return for 2017 was received at Austin on 2/23/2018. TAX RETURN WAS ISSUED WITH MY SSN OF *** AND MY WIFE SSN OF *** , I would like the status of the return of excess paid

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

The tax return arrived at Austin on 2/23/2018. per my calculations I am entitled to a refund over $3,100

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

It was a hand written tax form completed by me with the complete data available and calculated by be using the Tax calculated for as a basis for the calculations used on my calculations

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/18/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with the IRS so we do not have access to your personal information.

You can check the status of your refund by using the IRS online tool:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You will need:

Your Social Security Number

Filing Status

EXACT amount of your refund.

Please know that it takes the IRS 6-8 weeks from the date it receives your return to issue a refund.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

*** File was issued by USPS with a confirmed receipt of arrival on 2/23/2018 exact refund is calculated at $3160.66

You are not communicating with the IRS.

You will have to use the following IRS tool:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

But, if your return was received on 2/23/18, you should not expect your refund until early to mid-April.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.