Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filed my taxes with Turbo Tax.. Can I file for another…

Customer Question
I filed my taxes...

I filed my taxes with Turbo Tax.. Can I file for another person? Do I use my email or theirs when I file?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Im filing taxes for my granddaughter. She works parttime do I use her email to creat account or mine

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No this is a simple tax. I used turbo tax for my taxes.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/18/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 4 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane …

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m reading your question now.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response.

….

Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

So sorry, No, not in the online version. Each online account can only handle 1 Federal return. If you try to prepare a second return in the same account, it will overwrite the first one, making it unrecoverable.

...

A separate account (separate User ID) is necessary for each Online return, and a separate fee (if applicable). You can use the same email address in the Profile (account settings), if desired for notification purposes, but each User ID must be unique.

...

However, the desktop products (CD or download) can handle multiple returns.

If you use the TurboTax CD/Download/Desktop product you can prepare and e-file up to 5 Federal tax returns. Information on the CD/Download/Desktop product is listed.

To start a new return in TurboTax CD/Download/Desktop for Windows:

...

• Open TurboTax
  • Start a New return

...

To start a new return in TurboTax CD/Download/Desktop for MAC:

...

• With TurboTax Open
  • Click on the File menu option at the very top of your screen
  • Select "New Tax Return"

...

In accordance with IRS regulations, you can use the TurboTax software to e-file up to five (5) federal tax returns. You can prepare as many returns as you want, but only five can be e-filed.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work.

...

I hope you’ll rate me based on accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news / bad news content

But again, let me know if you need more here,

Lane