Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Cannot find my 2016 1040. what can i do? I need figures off…

Cannot find my 2016...

Cannot find my 2016 1040. what can i do?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need figures off of the 1040.

3/18/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If you are looking for YOUR 2016 1040 form with all your information - that information may be obtained from the IRS if you request the transcript.

That will be free and in some situation you might be able to have it online.

If you still looking for actual forms - there will be additional fee - and it will take longer for the IRS to produce that for you.

Let me know which way is preferable for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need the transcript

You may be able to get transcript online

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you will not be able to get it immediately for any reason

- you may request the transcript to be mailed to you - you will get it in about a week.

or you may call our automated phone transcript service at 800_908_9946 to order a tax return or tax account transcript be sent by mail.

or submit a Form 4506-T to the IRS at the address or fax number provided in the instructions.

Let me know if that helps.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does thanks.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor