Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Sorry to be a pest - more local reporting questions. Am I…

Sorry to be a pest...
Sorry to be a pest - more local reporting questions. Am I doing this correctly, or does it make it seem that my husband had two incomes here? I'll upload the W2 and the pertinent TaxAct form section.
3/18/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

That looks correct. It is not duplicating but reporting for the local and school only as it is split.

Thank you again! It is only one income, just the higher amount listed as Medicare wages...that is what confusing me. So you are seeing it as just the split local payments, and not two separate incomes, right - I mean, the wages were not "split" in that he received only the net amount from one job, with a gross of 1083 OR 1260, including what is paid to Medicare. Am I understanding correctly -- I know he did not receive the net of over 2K, that is, only the net of half that, from one job.

The system should only read it once for fed of course and the once for state. The local amounts are not reported as income on the state or fed but the taxes can be a deduction if itemizing. So far I do not see a problem.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
THANK YOU!

You are most welcome