Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I turn 65 in November 2018 what do I need to do I am working…

I turn 65 in...

I turn 65 in November 2018 what do I need to do I am working a full time job

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to continue working my wife doesn't turn 65 for 2 more years

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

We have a lot of medications

3/18/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. My question to you is what do you need to do regarding what? is this a tax related, or social security related question? s i will not be on the computer for much longer, if you respond and I don't get back to you, I will respond later in the a.m.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We need Social Security help I was asking about medications because Medicare when I retire

Ok. I will opt out because I am unable to assist you with questions about Medicare and medication. The question will be released back into the question queue where someone else can pick it up. Sorry that I cannot assist.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you since the first expert opted out.

Once you reach age 65, you are eligible for Medicare. You will want to apply 3-4 months before your 65th birthday.

Do you have health insurance through your full time job?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we have insurance through my job

Then you will want to apply for Medicare Part A, which is free.

You will have a Special Enrollment Period of 8 months to enroll in Medicare Part B once you stop working or your employer provided insurance ends.

You can read more about this here:

https://www.ehealthmedicare.com/faq-what-is-the-medicare-special-enrollment-period-for-working-aged/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We just found out we need to wait until 3 months before turning 65 to fill out paper work for social security so we will wait until then.

That's right. I included that information in my original answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you did provide that information and I thank you for your time and help . We will call back in a few months have a nice day.

My pleasure.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You reached your goal today! I feel you answered our questions and helped everything we needed thank you and have a nice day

Thank you!

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent