Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does the IRS accept credit card payments for payments due by…

Customer Question
Does the IRS accept...

Does the IRS accept credit card payments for payments due by April 17th for the amount due? If so, is there a phone number to call to accept the credit card payment

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What other information do you need to know as far as using a credit card to pay what is owed to the IRS by April 15th?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not sure what you are looking for as far as what else you would need to know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/18/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. Yes, you can pay your IRS balance with a credit card. I will provide you with some options on how to do that in the next thread.

-----------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

Following are a few different options:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-credit-or-debit-card

-------------------------------

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/ways-to-pay-your-tax-bill

--------------------------------

You may also want to read the article at the following link regarding the pros and cons of paying your tax bill with a credit card.

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/pros-cons-paying-taxes-with-credit-cards-1282.php

----------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

I am signing off the computer now, if you require further assistance with this matter, I can respond to you in the morning.