Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Lane. We had a conversation back in July about the potential…

Hi Lane. We had a...
Hi Lane. We had a conversation back in July about the potential tax ramifications of the sale of an inherited property. You were extremely helpful and thorough. I’m not sure if that transcript is attached to this new request, but I was wondering if it would be possible to ask some follow up questions on the same subject at your convenience (provided that you have access to that last transcript). Ahead of tax time. Thank you! *****
3/18/2018
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Certainly Shawn.

...

I DON'T have the history here ... maybe you could bring me up to speed and ask your follow-ups?

Hi Lane! Ok. It was lengthy. Is there a way that I can link you to it or email it? I have the entire thing in my email. And it might be tomorrow before I can type up my follow questions. You got back to me so fast and I’m putting the kids to bed. Lol.Shawn

OK I just searched under you screen name ... I have the other question now.

...

Ask your follow-up whenever it's convenient (I'll get the alert)

https://my-secure.justanswer.com/question/index/be3293c79f99418c98de53f282c320d7?al=1&utm_source=mar&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewa_bu&utm_campaign=expert_fu_ppq_no_up_a&r=nme%7Cexpert_fu_ppq_no_up_a%7CDM31853%7Cln=viewa_bu&rpt=1020

Yep I have it now ... just let me know what your questions are ... when you can

Thanks so much! Will do asap!

I'll be here

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Hi Lane. I'm not sure if this conversation in still live or not - sorry for the delayed response. Brief synopsis of our previous conversations:
- Sold a property in 2017 that was given to me by my Grandmother after my Grandfather passed away. It wasn't a direct inheritance because his will wasn't up to date, but she signed the property over to me (for $10) to honor my grandfather's wishes. You and I had discussed the tax implications here.
Anyway, I filed for an extension on my taxes because I wasn't sure how, or with whom, I should file them. I usually use "Turbo Tax" because my taxes are usually simple, but the sale of the property makes it a little more complicated I suppose. Anyway, do you have a recommendation outside of "Turbo Tax" on how to file these properly? I'm timid of using Turbo Tax because I'm not sure if they could handle it properly. I don't suppose that I could hire you? Or someone like you?Thanks,
Shawn (###) ###-####

Left you a message Shawn

Lane