Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

An owner paid a bill and wants the corp to pay his LoC each…

Customer Question
An owner paid a...

An owner paid a bill and wants the corp to pay his LoC each month for this bill we are a S-Corp. Is this ok with IRS

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I just did?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/17/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

I assume that is a personal LoC - correct?

So it is OK when S-corporation pays bills for the employee - shareholder.

On books - these payments are recorded as wages to the employee or distributions to the shareholder - depending on circumstances.

The IRS will not have any concerns with that.

If you want S-corportaion to deduct such expenses - assuming these are business related - these should be recorded as reimbursements made under an accountable reimbursement plan - assuming these are 100% business related LoC.

If there are personal portion - the employee will need to provide adequate reporting and only business portion may be reimbursed tax free.

Questions?

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor