Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

DOES CONNECTICUT CHARGE SALES TAX ON. DOES CONNECTICUT

Customer Question
DOES CONNECTICUT CHARGE SALES...

DOES CONNECTICUT CHARGE SALES TAX ON

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

DOES CONNECTICUT CHARGE SALES TAX ON FREELANCE TEACHING

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/17/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Connecticut exempts the following teaching services from Sales tax:

Personal instruction (e.g., dance, golf, tennis)

Private testing services

Private tutoring services

School and university tuition and fees

Summer camp tuition and fees

Test preparation classes

You would need to see if your Freelance Teaching falls into any of the above.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Does your Freelance Teaching meet any of those? If not or you cannot decide tell me more about the Freelance Teaching. To me it sounded like tutoring.

Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago

Hi again, just checking to see why I have not heard anything else from you