Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filed bankruptcy in 2017 and I need to know if there is…

Customer Question
I filed bankruptcy in...

I filed bankruptcy in 2017 and I need to know if there is anything special I need when I file my taxes.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I live on soc. security, with a $60.00 a mo. pension. I rent so the main thing is my rebate for that. Very simple taxes.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/16/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. Did you mean to write $60.00 month for the pension or $600/mo.?

----------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
$60.00 for life
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn't receive a message. You might try***@******.***. I recently purchased a new computer and made some changes.

This is a very public forum. Not a good idea to have your email address posted. I will let customer know to remove it when I am done here.

As far as communicating with you via your personal email address, that would be considered a premium service, additional charge. It is the site's policy that I communicate with you via this thread, unless agreed otherwise.

----------------------------------

Still typing...

Based on your income, as for filing a tax return, unless you need to file a tax return for the purpose of the rent rebate or you are having federal taxes withheld from your social security or the pension, and unless your combined income (pension and social security exceeds $25,000), you don't even have to file a tax return. Regarding the BK, there is nothing special that you need to do. If you do file a tax return, file it as you normally would.

------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant