Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I want to know how to go about having taxes taken from my…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know how to go about having taxes taken from my monthly check

Accountant's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None just realized that I am currently taking no taxes out.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had to pay over $2,000 in Fed taxes & want to reduce for next year.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/16/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You can either make estimated tax payments ($500 once each quarter) using form 1040ES or you can fill out the W4-V and have the SSA withhold tax.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

If you want a link to the 1040ES to use that instead let me know.