Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Where do I enter the form W-2 that reflects the taxable

Where do I enter...

Where do I enter the form W-2 that reflects the taxable portion and Fderal tax related to non rev travel on American Airlines by my family?

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

ASUS laptop computer . Windows 7 OS

Accountant's Assistant: What Asus model do you have?

US6E

Accountant's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I know of. I am a 76 year old woman with very limited tech knowledge. My son-in-law does all of that for me, and I can not contact him now.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am retired from AA and have to include this W-2 in my filing.

3/16/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

It is entered as a regular W2 and the amount is included on form 1040 as Wages. It is a taxable benefit and that is why it goes on line 7 of the 1040.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4