Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a client that provided me with false information and…

Customer Question
I have a client...

I have a client that provided me with false information and the return was rejected. He filed as head of household . I found out that he was married and was working. The return was rejected and i gave them all of there information saying i did not wish to service them. They have become very violent and angry cyber bulling and trying to flip it on my practice. What can I do to protect myself.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Pearl Wilson, Accountant's Assistant
Welcome! How can I help with your tax question?
You
i have a client that provided me with false information and the return was rejected. He filed as head of household . I found out that he was married and was working. The return was rejected and i gave them all of there information saying i did not wish to service them. They have become very violent and angry cyber bulling and trying to flip it on my practice. What can I do to protect myself. No money was exchanged.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/16/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

File a police report as soon as possible.

Depending on the laws of your state and the circumstances involved, criminal charges for harassment and/or civil lawsuits for defamation and other harms can result.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.