Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Tax Issue; Working for Lyft as a contractor/driver. Using…

Tax Issue; Working for Lyft...

Tax Issue;
Working for Lyft as a contractor/driver.Using home office as my point of departure I am using the space and equipment to maintain my driving log.
Question;
When I depart my home office on a call (I zero the trip odometer) as I am aware that the mileage starts from the call until the individual is dropped off However; may I include the deductible mileage to return to my centrally located home office, if I do not get a call enroute?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Nothing else

3/16/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you have a qualifying home office deduction, the mileage from your home office to your first call is deductible. When you return to your home office, that mileage is deductible.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!