Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

For the health insurance waiver due to economic hardship,

Customer Question
can it be by Month...
For the health insurance waiver due to economic hardship, can it be by Month for taxes? How is that determined? Do you annualize income? What if you are in a community property state? IRS Taxes
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/16/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are claiming an exception due to economic hardship, it usually applies to ALL MONTHS you did not have health insurance.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please provide irs references, Turbotax was letting me uncheck Months. Is that possible?

If you did not have health insurance all year, you would not uncheck any months.

The exception is for ALL MONTHS you did not have health insurance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There's an area letting me check Months for hardship. Is it possible to annualize income and say it was a bad Month claim hardship? Can you provide references?

That's not how it works.

You either had insurance for a month or you didn't.

If you didn't have insurance for all months, all boxes should be checked.

If you had insurance for some months but not for others, only the months that you didn't have insurance and are claiming a hardship would be checked.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney