Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do photographers who work in Texas and only sell digital…

Customer Question
do photographers who work in...
do photographers who work in Texas and only sell digital prints have to collect sales taxes?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

According to the Texas Comptroller , sales of photographs are taxable. Photographs can be made from film (negatives or positive transparencies) or from digital or electronic files, and sold as prints, on a DVD, CD, digitally, electronically or by any other medium.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/publications/94-176.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sounds good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please provide references from the code

Reference is already supplied. I made available the actual Texas Comptroller's paper. Scroll up and see that please.

A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting. Thank you in advance.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4