Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

When incorporating an inc what suppose to be the value of…

Customer Question
when incorporating an inc what...
when incorporating an inc what suppose to be the value of the shares? is it bad to put let's say $100k when the investments are 25k?how should we determine the number of shares for the company?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/16/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. I would compare the company to similar companies - so you can determine your stock price. You can start as low as 1 share, as long as you are a private company right now (i.e. not on NASDAQ, etc.).