Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Me and a partner set up a Partnership to buy a specific real…

Customer Question
For Barbara only: Hi, me and...
For Barbara only:
Hi, me and a partner set up a Partnership to buy a specific real estate investment home in 2017. Yesterday, using turbo tax type software, I briefly set up the partnership so that I could file an Extension. I have a question and not sure if I filled in the blanks correctly or not?Question is what is the difference between Choosing "Domestic Limited Partnership" and "Domestic Limited Liability Partnership" or "Domestic LLC" Or ""Domestic General Partnership"???? I could not find the answer on IRS.gov.Thank you.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for requesting me.

Most likely, you are a Domestic General Partnership unless you specifically chose otherwise.

Look at your partnership documents.

Thank you.

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.