Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question with regards to late filing issues. I

I have a question...

I have a question with regards ***** ***** filing issues.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I filed an extension last year, but did not receive documentation to fully file for the 2016 tax year until just now. I'm not sure what to do.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I am in a situation where I am likely to have to file an extension again for this year, and I don't want to repeat this situation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a 10% co-owner of a company. The company's taxes, done by a tax professional, were not finished in time for March 15 2017. The tax professional told me I would have to file an extension so those taxes could be done. I am otherwise self-employed. I earned $28,800 for 2016, and therefore paid $4000 at the time of the extension. Our company filed a loss for that year, so the tax professional informed me I should be fine. When I asked for the finished company tax information later in the year, the tax professional failed to get back to me. I only just received it and am now unsure of what I should do. He is also informing me that it is likely I will have to file another extension this year for similar reasons regarding the 2017 return.
3/15/2018
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Steve, very much appreciate it.

Is this an S-Corp that you are referring to?

So you have a K-1 reporting your share of the Company's loss?

Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yep, I just received the K-1. It is an S-Corp, yes, I'm pretty sure.
Phone call session started
Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert