Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have S corp and pay myself annual salary yearly. does that…

I have S corp and...
I have S corp and pay myself annual salary yearly. does that mean I only file employment tax and federal fax withholding annually NOT quarterly?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If that is the FIRST year S-corportaion pays wages - and it only pays in December - it will ONLY file employment tax return for the last quarter.

But in the following tax year - S-corporation will be required to file EVER quarter - even there will be NO payments.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
ok got. even no tax deposit during first 3 quarters on the following tax year, S corp is required to file tax return By April 30, July 31, October 31, and January 31 File Form 941, Employer’s QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return.
Since this is my first year S corp and the tax year ending first week of Dec (52-53-week year ending with reference to the month of December), I will pay myself on first week of Dec 2018 and only file employment tax return for the last quarter of 2018, correct?

That is correct.

If you start S-corporation in 2018 - so not register for employment taxes - and file the initial employment tax return for the 4th quarter only.

You will not need to file for other quarters if S-corporation will not pay any wages.

After that - for 2019 - S-corporation will have to file every quarter regardless if there are any wages paid or not.