Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I haven't filed my taxes for several year's. I know that I…

Customer Question
I haven't filed my...

I haven't filed my taxes for several year's. I know that I owe. I'm retired and on a fixed income. What is the best way to take care of this?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I'm not sure when the last time was that I filed. Up until May of 2017 I lived in Oregon. I now live in Washington. I want to take care of this but I don't know how to go about it. I really need some help.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Like what?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-----------------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still typing...

As you don't know when the last time was that you filed, you can call the IRS and ask them. Their phone number is ***** Once you determine the last year filed, you can request your Wage and Income Transcripts. The Wage and Income transcripts shows various information reported to the IRS. Now, you will also need to contact the state taxing agency to get the state related information, such as state tax withholding amounts. Once you have all of your income information, you can have the tax returns prepped and then file them.

In the next thread I will provide you with the information on how to request the transcripts, which can be done online, via telephone, or via mail.

Still typing...

Online:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

---------------------

Via telephone (dedicated transcript request line):

(###) ###-####/p>

-----------------------

Via mail using the form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Again, these transcripts will not provide any state withholding information. You will need to contact the Oregon state Department of Revenue for state withholding information for the years in question. Their contact info is as follows:

• Phone:(###) ###-####/li>
  • 1(###) ###-####/li>

----------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant