Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to file amend for a 1099-R that came in I have

Customer Question
I need to file...

I need to file amend for a 1099-R that came in I have already filed my taxes

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I filed my taxes 3/8/2018 on line and they have been accepted. I just found a 1099-R that I did not report and need to report what forms and how do I do report this money?

Accountant's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How do I pay the $5

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I ready

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No just need to file the 1099-R

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. You will need to use the form 1040X to amend your tax return to include the 1099-R income that you just received.

Still writing...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do I get this form and can I just mail this in.

Link to Form 1040X:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdf

The software that you are using should walk you through how to amend the tax return. It's not that hard to do.

--------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

You will have to mail the amended 1040X in with the applicable forms, which in your case would be the 1099-R. Make a copy of the 1099-R. For the explanation, simply write 1099-R not included with original return.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant