Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filed my new business incorrectly as a c-corp, the IRS…

Customer Question
I filed my new...

I filed my new business incorrectly as a c-corp, the IRS told me I can fill out form 8832 and change my classification,

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My question is do I need to file a corporate extension today.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not at this time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. What is the correct business entity type?

• I take it that you are a single member LLC. There is no such entity as LLC sole proprietor. Your will file your return as a single member LLC. As this is the case, you have until April 15th to file. However, if you think that you will not be able to file by then, you can file an extension.

-----------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.