Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm behind in filing several years of tax returns. I'm 74…

I'm behind in filing several...
I'm behind in filing several years of tax returns. I'm 74 yrs old and on a fixed income. All of my past w2s and returns were lost when I moved from Ohio to Kentucky and I don't know how to get duplicates. I'm scared to death. I have congestive heart failure and this is affecting my heart... I don't know what to do
3/15/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still typing...

Ok, regarding filing the past due tax returns. It is good that you want to take care of that matter. Regarding the lost docs, an easy fix, at least from the federal side of things. You can request your Wage and Income Transcripts for the years in question. I don't know if the Ohio Department of taxation provides transcripts like the IRS does. If they do not, you will need to call them and ask them your earnings and tax withheld info for the years in question. You will find the contact information for the Ohio Department of Taxation at the following link:

https://www.tax.ohio.gov/contact_us.aspx

I will provide you with the ways to retrieve the Wage and Income transcripts from the IRS in the next thread.

There are three ways that you can request the transcripts, online via phone, and via mail.

----------------------------

Online:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Via telephone (dedicated transcript number):

(###) ###-####/p>

via mail using the Form 4506-T:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Again, you want to request the Wage and Income Transcripts, which will show you what was reported to the IRS. Remember that you will need to contact the state agency for the state information.

--------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
S I don't contact the pension fund and SS, I just request everything from the IRS?

That is correct. Any income information reported to the IRS will show on the Wage and Income transcripts. Again, the transcripts will only show federal withholding and not state withholding amounts.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, will do... Thank you

You are very welcome. Thank you for the positive rating. I do appreciate it.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant