Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I 70 years old I get $11,820.00 in SS, this year I had to…

Customer Question
I 70 years old...

I 70 years old I get $11,820.00 in SS, this year I had to take out $4,00.00 form my IRA for medical and other expences. I haven't filed since I retired but this is the most i ever took out of the IRA?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

---------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still typing...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I just leave this page and get my answer on my e-mail

If you are wondering if you need to file a tax return this year, the answer is yes. 1) Because there may be additional taxes dues on the IRA withdrawal, or you could get a refund of some of the taxes withheld, and 2) part of your social security will be taxable because your combined income exceeds a certain amount.

------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant