Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Back to my FICA question. On the form you sent, non of the…

Customer Question
Back to my FICA question...
Back to my FICA question. On the form you sent, non of the reason codes apply, I cant send form SS-8 before my 1040 is filed as it is already past. What should I do?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 4 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

The reason for the instruction to send before the due date is so that no late filing penalties will apply.

...

You still use this form, use code G, and specify the year.

...

They will very possibly abate the late filing and late payment penalties if this is the first time you've had the issue.

...

See this:https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/penalty-relief-due-to-first-time-penalty-abatement-or-other-administrative-waiver