Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just sold and purchased a owner occupied residence. Are…

I just sold and...

I just sold and purchased a owner occupied residence. Are there specific items that are included due to these sales?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I just sold and purchased an owner occupied residence. Are there specific items that are included due to these sales?

3/15/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

On the sale transaction - we need to verify

- if you are eligible to exclude the gain

- if yes - if that gain is less than $250k for a single person

- if yes - did you receive reporting form 1099S ?

- if no - you do not need to report that sale transaction on your tax return.

The purchase transaction is not reported.

Let me know if you need any help with verification.

Thank you!

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor