Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can the State of CA garnish an AZ bank account for taxes…

Customer Question
Can the State of...

Can the State of CA garnish an AZ bank account for taxes owed?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

That is my question.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Just the question.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Yes. The CA Franchise Tax Board can levy an Arizona bank account for taxes that are owed.

CA is one of the most aggressive states for collection activity of unpaid taxes.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Follow-up question: Can I protect my assets in a charitable foundation?
No call at this time.
answer?
Can you answer my follow up question?

The offer of a phone call is system generated. You can ignore it.

You can protect your assets in a charitable foundation.

Can you provide a paralegal in Mesa, AZ to help me finish the paperwork?

Unfortunately, experts on Just Answer are not permitted to recommend any individual or company.