Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

It there a way to file married filing jointly on federal but…

Customer Question
It there a way...

It there a way to file married filing jointly on federal but file state separately.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a client that go married in September. His wife is in the military and is from Nevada.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Nothing I can help with. The spouse is currently over seas with the military.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out with this.

Yes, you can file jointly Federally and then file separately for the state.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

not right now
thanks

Great! If something comes up just let me know. Please leave a rating so I get credit for helping you out. Thanks!

Please cancel my membership. you are way too expensive for me. I do not charge my clients over 52.00 you want.
Ellis