Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does new tax cut affects estimated 2018 tax payments?

3/15/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

--------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still typing...

The answer to your question is no, estimated tax payments are not affected by the new tax reform. You know that estimated tax payments is nothing more than prepaying your estimated tax liability.

--------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

but since 2018 tax will follow new tax regulations, how it will be okay to use current tax due to estimate 2018 taxes

I see what you are saying. However, as you do not have any other figures to go off of, you will have to use the current figures, or guestimate. Again, they are estimated taxes. As long as you are paying at least 90% of the tax, you will be fine.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
ok thank you

Your are quite welcome. Thank you for the 5 star rating. I do appreciate it.