Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am applying for a partnership LLC and not sure how to

Good morning, I am...

Good morning, I am applying for a partnership LLC and not sure how to answer line 7a on IRS form SS-4.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am not sure what name to apply to line 7a, since it is a partnership

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No not at this time

3/15/2018
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. That would simply be you or one of the other members of the LLC. The LLC will be given its own EIN, but to obtain the EIN on behalf of the LLC, the IRS requires the identity of the party applying for the EIN on behalf of the LLC.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Tax Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Richard, Tax Attorney