Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm trying to complete a form 1065 tax return for

Customer Question
I'm trying to complete a...
I'm trying to complete a form 1065 tax return for partnership who's sole activity is a single loan to a nonprofit entity. It receives interest income on it's loan, all of which passes through and is paid to the members, and it is run and administer by volunteers so it has no expenses of other items of income. How/where should the interest income be reported, and how does it flow through to partner K-1's?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

----------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site and not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

On the form 1065, you would report the interest income as Other Income on Line 7 (with an explanation as to what the interest income is from). On the K-1, the amount is shown on Line 5 of Part III.

------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks. Can the 1065 and K-1 both be extended?

You are welcome. The Schedule K-1 is not a standalone form that can be filed. It is a part of the Form 1065. You can apply for an extension for the Form 1065, however, the 1065 return due date is today, the 15th, so you need to get the extension in the mail TODAY. You would use the Form 7004 to request the extension.

Link to Form 7004:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f7004.pdf