Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I purchased a S- corporation mid year and changed to a new…

Customer Question
I purchased a S-...

I purchased a S- corporation mid year and changed to a new EIN number at that time. Do i need to file a return for both periods with the 2 different EIN numbers

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Changed ownership of S-Corporation mid year. Do i file 2 different tax returns.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No that should be it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

In brief, you are only responsible for filing the tax return for the period that you owned the S-Corp. You do not have to file a tax return under the old EIN, only the EIN that was assigned to you.

------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was a partner in the previous period so i would be responsible for the previous period as well with my old partner correct.

As a partner, you would report the income/expenses allocated to you from the Schedule K-1 of the partnership, which passes through to your personal 1040.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant