Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Have received a small pension in Poland the last 2 years.

Have received a small...

Have received a small pension in Poland the last 2 years. (2016 and 2017) Didn't report it as didn't have the figures. Want to report it this year. Can I report the Both year Pension as income on the 2017 form???

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Worked in Canada for 30 years now

3/15/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You should not report your 2016 pension on your 2017 tax return...

You will need to report only pension you received in 2017.

For 2016 pension - you will need to amend your 20-16 tax return and make corrections.

Let me know if you need any help.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor