Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Filing online extension rejected: Name does not match FEIN…

Filing online extension rejected: Name...
Filing online extension rejected: Name does not match FEIN
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last year I had a name change from TN, LLC to OK, LLC. Also moved from TN to OK, but kept the same FEIN after TN, LLC was dissolved in March of 2017.
NOTE: related to previous question.: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/question/index/24eddde1f5cd45e58884e76ec3e7dfbf?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&paymentType=UnknownTwo days ago I filed an extension online and it was rejected. Filed the extension for OK,LLC. My guess the rejection is b/c the IRS has matched TN,LLC with the FEIN.
Any suggestions? File paper form 7004 on March 15th? Thanks.
3/15/2018
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to Just Answer! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you! I will do my best to help!

Are you the same person that I discussed this with a few days ago?

You only need to file one extension, regardless of whether it is for the OK or the TN company. Remember, I told you that the IRS considers them the same corporation? I gave you the IRS regulation and a court case where they state that? So when you file ONE extension for the FEIN, it is extending BOTH companies, because the IRS views them as the same company. You do not need two extensions.

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Yes. I am the same person but the electronic filing was rejected because the FEIN does not match with the new name? - So it was rejected. Should I print the 7004 and mail it in, and in Parenthesis write the old name ? ( Formerly TN,LLC) ? Thanks.
They may have rejected it for the name change. Sending in paper will work. Make sure you send it by certified mail. I just left the post office myself with several to file.
taxmanrog
taxmanrog
taxmanrog