Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

This is my first year in business and im not sure how to…

Customer Question
Hi there,this is my...

Hi there,this is my first year in business and im not sure how to itemize can you help

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a cleaning business ive been in business since feb 2017,i also have a w2 for jan 2017 thru april-2017

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I have ambetter insurance so i have to file the 1095 and im filing head of household and claiming my son he worked only 2 months out of the year and must also file due to insurance

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-------------------------------

Note that telephone calls and other solicitation is automatically generated by the site, not the experts. Simply decline if you are not interested.

Still writing...

Ok, you would file the Schedule C for your cleaning business. On the Schedule C, report your income and expenses for the business. The bot***** *****ne number from the Schedule C transfers over to Line 12 of the Form 1040. Of course you would claim the W2 income, which would transfer to Line 7 of the Form 1040. If your son meet the requirements, you can claim him as a dependent.

---------------------------------

In general, to be a taxpayer’s qualifying child, a person must satisfy four tests:

š Relationship – the taxpayer’s child or stepchild (whether by blood or adoption), foster child, sibling or step sibling, or a descendant of one of these.

š Residence – has the same principal residence as the taxpayer for more than half the tax year. Exceptions apply, in certain cases, for children of divorced or separated parents, kidnapped children, temporary absences, and for children who were born or died during the year.

š Age – must be under the age of 19 at the end of the tax year, or under the age of 24 if a full-time student for at least five months of the year, or be permanently and totally disabled at any time during the year.

š Support – did not provide more than one-half of his/her own support for the year.

----------------------------------

If your son is required to file his own return and you meet the requirements to claim him as a dependent, be sure that he that he checks the box that someone else can claim him as a dependent.

----------------------------------

Report the health insurance as well.

It does not sound like you actually need to itemize.

------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.