Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I got a inheritance from my father after my stepmother had…

I got a inheritance...

I got a inheritance from my father after my stepmother had passed.he had a living will for her he had it divided in half to her 2 children and his 5 children.what I need to know is about the taxes on the amount I got.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not at this time

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

You do not pay taxes on any amounts you receive in inheritance. That passes to you tax free.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Carter McBride