Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What type of form do you need to fill out for Disability Tax…

Customer Question
What type of form...

What type of form do you need to fill out for Disability Tax Credit?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What type of disability and how and where they are affecting you?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Such as ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

I assume that you are asking about a Credit for the Elderly or Disabled

Correct?

To claim this credit - you will need to use schedule R

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sr.pdf

A credit for taxpayers:

• aged 65 or older OR retired on permanent and total disability and received taxable disability income for the tax year; AND
  • with an adjusted gross income OR the total of nontaxable Social Security, pensions annuities or disability income under specific limits

The credit ranges between $3,750 and $7,500.

For more information about the tax benefits available to persons with disabilities and the parents of children with disabilities,

please refer to Publication 3966, Living and Working with Disabilities

Let me know if you need any help.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues