Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I established an S Corp med year in 2017, how do I file my…

I established an S Corp...
I established an S Corp med year in 2017, how do I file my business income for the year. I was proprietorship for half year and S corp for the other half.
3/14/2018
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good evening. For the portion of the year during which your business was a sole proprietorship, you will report those operations on Schedule C to be attached to your Form 1040. Then, for the portion of the year in which your business became an S Corp, you will prepare a Form 1120S for the entity, and then those tax attributes will flow through to your Form 1040 via a K-1 from the S Corp.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you,

You're very welcome! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Richard, Tax Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time!

Richard, Tax Attorney