Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am trying to find my tax returns for the years 1974-1978…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find my tax returns for the years 1974-1978 to prove my work service for Mc Cracken Board of Education. When i spoke to them the records were lost in a flood. Can you help me? Nancy Jill Moore.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/14/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. You will not be able to retrieve your tax returns that far bar from the IRS, however, you can request a record of your earnings from the social security office, which will provide the information that you seek. However, unless it is a social security agency related matter, they will charge you for the information. I will provide you with more information in the next thread.

-----------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

You will find the form that you need to complete at the following link.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

-----------------------------

Is There A Fee For Earnings Information?

Yes. We (Social Security) charges a $115 fee for providing information for purposes unrelated to the administration of our programs.

-----------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant